Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Dear Middle School Young Lady

Oh boy oh boy to I have a place in my heart for the special lady who wrote this letter.  She is one amazing woman and has a heart on total fire for kids!  Brittany I love you dear!

*****

Dear Middle School Friend,

You're in this weird transition period between being a little kid and a teenager, and I'm willing to bet you feel lost and confused more often than not. It seems like everyone around you knows who they are and where they fit in but you. You're longing for the day when you have the coolest friends, the best clothes, and the cutest boyfriend...I know I did when I was your age.

Let me let you in on a little secret though... Who you are right now, at this very moment, is perfectly wonderful.

Your innocence about the world around you keeps you safe. Don't let others try to take this from you.

Your belief in others is reassuring. It reminds us older people that there is goodness and kindness in the world.

And your curiosity for new things keeps the world on its toes. There's never a dull moment with you as you seek newness and adventure in your life.

So, if I could offer you some advice it would be to find peace in who you are and where you are in life. Don't try so hard to grow up. Being a grown up doesn't necessarily make life easier; instead it brings with it new and different challenges to overcome.

Friends, clothing styles, and boys will come and go. But, you will always be with yourself. So remember that you are worthy of love and good things. You are strong enough. You are beautiful.

Love,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment